Please discover some of the benefits & advantages of frozen foods that help not only us at home, but also the environment:
Did you know?
- Frozen vegetables are nutritionally more reliable than fresh as freezing prevents sensitive vitamins and nutrients from being lost during transportation.
- Freezing allows you to choose from a vast selection of seasonal ingredients all year round.
- Frozen food contains no preservatives. It is a natural form of preservation.
- Frozen products are often cheaper than similar chilled or fresh foods and just as good as they are preserved quickly.
- Frozen food also helps reduce food waste as you use only what you need – which means it’s good for your pocket and the
Benefits of Frozen Fish
- Freezing fish allows us to eat seasonal fish all year. Thanks to freezing technology we enjoy fish regardless of season at great prices – offering healthy nutrition for all the family.
- Frozen fish is often fresher than ‘fresh’ fish. ‘Fresh’ fish can take a week to reach the shops!
- Frozen fish and seafood can be 25% cheaper than fresh – great value for money! What’s more, its hugely extended shelf life offers year round price stability and product availability.
- Eco scientists claim that buying frozen is good for the environment. Fresh exotic fish can be flown in daily from afar but frozen fish keeps for long periods in the freezer. This reduces your shopping trips and flights for seasonal deliveries.
- Fish is recommended as part of nutritionally balanced diets. Freezing allows year-round availability of fish and stops microbiological activity; including pathogens which cause food poisoning – keeping the family healthy!
- Fresh fish, which is caught and sold to a frozen packer will be frozen within a day of arriving with the processor thereby ensuring it is frozen at fresh market quality and ready for you to enjoy!
Benefits of Frozen Vegetables
- Freezing enables you to choose from the pick of vegetables all around the world with that ‘just picked’ taste experience in season or out of season.
- Frozen vegetables require no preparation, and you can use as much or as little as you want eliminating waste.
- Fast, convenient and available all year, frozen vegetables can be steamed, stir fried, or micro-waved to be ready in minutes.
- Frozen vegetables are a great way to get your ‘5 A DAY’.
- Freezing vegetables locks in vitamins at the point of harvest.